1. In order to help defray administrative costs, we manage the Yuba-Sutter Food Bank Thrift Shop on our premises. All monies go back into our business.
2. We serve 35 food pantries/closets in Yuba and Sutter counties utilizing a cost-sharing program to help manage our transportation costs. All products are shared with our agencies for $.19 or less per pound (Shared Maintenance) – this includes, meat, fresh produce, canned goods, juice, milk and any other produce received from our partner grocery stores in the area.
3. On a local level, we are members of the Yuba-Sutter Chamber of Commerce and United Way, an affiliate with Habitat for Humanity, member of the Cambridge College Advisory Board, and partner with the SNAP Ed program to provide nutrition assistance for our clients.
4. We are a proud Partner Distribution Organization for Feeding America – the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity as well as a member of a food bank cluster for Northern California. Our cluster food banks include: Contra Costa and Solano, Placer, Yolo, Butte, Shasta, Napa, Sacramento, El Dorado counties as well as the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.
5. Our trucks pick-up product 6 days a week from the following partner grocery stores: Sam’s Club, Walmart (Yuba City & Marysville), FoodMaxx (Yuba City & Marysville), SaveMart, & Target, Cash & Carry.
6. We also pick-up product from additional local donors: Raley’s, Bel Air, Naumes, Valley Fine Foods, Tony’s Fine Foods, Sysco, Sunsweet, New Earth Market, Cash & Carry, Salle Orchards, Wooley Orchards, and Tractor Supply.
7. In addition, we are a member in good standing with the California Association of Food Banks (a statewide organization dedicated to ending hunger in the United States).
8. Finally, and most impressive, we are the only food bank in California that is 100% volunteer organization – no paid positions. Our volunteers receive no product or reimbursements for their services.
9. Our Board of Directors (13 members) and the President/CEO positions are also volunteer – no paid positions.
Copyright © Yuba-Sutter Food Bank, Inc. All rights reserved.
Make a Difference Today - (530) 673-3834